I’m so glad you asked! I love movies. I have seen a lot of them. My husband and I spend a lot of time watching and commenting on them like the two old guys from The Muppet Show. So I feel like this is a loaded question. I have no favorite overall…just many movies I admire. So here’s a weird list:
- Favorite movie to watch over and over again: Somewhere between Ghostbusters and When Harry Met Sally…
- Favorite Ingmar Bergman film: Persona
- Favorite Animated Film: Somewhere between Nausicaa and the Valley of the Wind and Inside Out
- Favorite Action Film: The Fifth Element
- Favorite Movie Starring Katherine Hepburn: Holiday, though Bringing Up Baby and Philadelphia Story are amazing.
- Favorite Hitchcock Film: North by Northwest
- Favorite Stars Wars Film: I know you’re supposed to say Empire, but I love the original Star Wars.
- Favorite Movie I’ve Seen In Recent Years: The Hunt for Wilderpeople and Booksmart
- Favorite Movie From Childhood: Legend, though I also loved Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal, and also non-fantasy stuff like The Goonies, Weird Science, Better Off Dead, Say Anything, The Breakfast Club, and St. Elmo’s Fire. My girlfriends and I in fact sat around once casting ourselves in St. Elmo’s Fire. I ended up as the very troubled Demi Moore character. As a side note, in college, when my a cappella group did a Spice Girls number, I was Scary Spice…I feel a trend building here…
- Favorite Kurosawa Film: Throne of Blood
- Favorite Bond: I love Daniel Craig, but plot wise, On Her Majesty’s Secret Service is the most moving.
- Favorite Adam Sandler Film: 50 First Dates
- Favorite Movie Based on A Book: The Neverending Story and The Princess Bride
Did I answer your question? ☺